Hello, and welcome!
This website was launched to help people learn more about all things psychiatry: mental conditions, professional treatments, self-help strategies, writing, reflections on life, a “Dear Doc” column, and a freshly minted section of (mostly weird and wacky) worksheets. Plus lots of extra tidbits that don’t fit in anywhere.
So you want to know about mental illness and its treatments, about surviving and going beyond? Or more about the benefits of aging and strange imagery exercises? Here are some random articles to start you off. (For a list of all articles on this website, check out the All Topics page.)
- Addiction: loving life again (A Weird and Wacky worksheet, Microsoft Word format)
Blogs about mental illness and treatment:
- What to do when you’re too depressed to think
- About Asperger’s Disorder
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Introduction to Borderline personality disorder
- A crash course in cognitive therapy
- Panic attacks (new post!)
- Hints for surviving psych meds
- Making friends for introverts and people on the spectrum
- 100 ways to conquer depression
- Asperger’s: communicating with neurotypicals, part one and part two
- Perspective: seven ways to change your future
- PTSD: conquering nightmares
- Ways to deal with memory loss and enhance memory
“Living beyond survival” and other posts:
- Exciting stuff about aging
- Humor: a list to laugh for
- Imagery: the stranger with an answer
- Imagery: the man who reads, part one and part two
- Thoughts on surviving mental illness, a psychiatrist’s perspective
The goal is to touch on all things related to the human psyche, and then some. This is a place filled with lots of questions, many without easy solutions, but I hope my questions help you find some answers. Or at least give you food for thought.
Not sure where to go or how to find what you’re looking for? Wander over to the “pick a topic” menu on the right side of the page (for tablets and phones, it might have migrated to the bottom) and click away. Still not sure? Check out the site navigation space to see an overview of this website.
Please remember that the information you find here is not meant to be a substitute for real medical care. It isn’t meant to and doesn’t provide professional diagnosis, services, or medical advice to you or any other individual. Everyone is unique; the ideas you find here may not apply to your situation. Please make an appointment with a mental health professional for proper diagnosis and treatment of any psychiatric condition. Keep in mind that no interaction or information on this website establishes a doctor-patient relationship.
That said, thanks for visiting. Now go forth and stamp out mental suffering!
Background art is from “Photo Gallery of: Teal Floral Backgrounds,” website animalia-life.club. The headers (randomized pics of blue flowers at the top of the screen) are images from google and yahoo searches. All cartoons created by author.